What To Do After A Fire
Fire Damage Tips
Here are some important tips after you have a fire damage in your residence or business:
- Keep your hands clean. It is easy to spread soot and you do not want to make a bigger mess than there already is.
- Limit movement in the home to also prevent further damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting us.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without a repair service.
"Save as much as possible!"
We aim to return damaged areas and items to preloss conditions. We want to make your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” In this business, it is crucial to act fast. Our professional technicians arrive sooner for the chance to reduce damage and save money. We are proud to serve Lincoln, Pike, Lawrence, Walthall and Marion counties. We are only a call away! (601) 823-1100