Sewage Backup & Toilet Overflow Damages
Sewage backups and toilet overflows can cause serious damage to Brookhaven, McComb and Columbia homes. They also present health risks and should only be cleaned by certified water damage professionals. SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia is not only trained to assess these issues, but has tackled these biohazard damages several times during 2019!
Some examples include, but are not limited to: sewage, toilet backflows that originate from beyond the toilet trap regardless of visible content or color.
Clean Up Procedures:
- Identify ALL safety issues
- Determine source or Sewer back up and get problem fixed as quickly as possible
- Extract materials and/or remove all standing water
- Apply EPA registered disinfectant
- Remove and discard all contaminated porous and semi-porous structural materials included carpet and pad
- Measure and document all moisture levels in affected areas.
- Install barriers to contain damaged areas
- Install drying equipment
- Monitor job daily.
- Once completely dry. Clean all areas prior to rebuild.
When your Brookhaven, McComb or Columbia home or business has a sewer back up, rely on the professionals at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia. For a free estimate call (601)823-1100