Hotel & Apartment Water Damage
Don't let water damage interrupt your business! SERVPRO can help.
No one wants to sleep somewhere where there is water damage!
Business owners, we understand how important it is to have your water damage restored to preloss conditions.
When water damage happens, it usually involves plumbing leaks, malfunctioning fixtures, or storm damage that allowed water to enter unprotected areas. These incidences often require professional assistance to help recover fast.
Trust SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia
We want our business owners to find comfort in knowing that someone trustworthy is available to provide services needed to restore their businesses or keep them from foregoing any interruptions due to water damage.
Our SERVPRO technicians not only respond to your service request but also provide you with rapid response times, and a unique solution to your problem. With several years of experience in the restoration industry and quality equipment at our disposal, we have the ability to handle water damage incidents affecting a single unit, or your entire building.
It is important you provide us with detailed information during your initial call. This helps us determine the amount of equipment and personnel needed to address your situation properly. Once we arrive on your property, we work immediately to solve your problem by addressing any possible hazards and fully inspect the affected area for damages.
What SERVPRO Can Do?
We have the equipment that is needed for water restoration! Our technicians use a variety of equipment to locate hidden moisture pockets, in walls, attics, and crawl spaces. Though water isn’t always visible to us, it cannot hide from a quality infrared moisture detection device. We are able to dry hard to read or hidden areas throughout your building and prevent secondary water damage from developing.
We have equipment that not only detects moister but also removes any water on any surface. SERVPRO has access to both hand-held and truck mounted water extraction equipment, each with three main elements, a heater, pump, and vacuum system. Portable extractors hold anywhere from five to twelve gallons of water, while the truck mounted version handles up to 100 gallons of water or more. Our equipment makes it easy to remove excess water from various types of flooring, including carpeting and other upholstery items, such as rugs, and curtains.
After removing the excess water, SERVPRO technicians begin the drying process. During this process, we place the proper amount of air moving equipment and dehumidifiers into the affected area. We also use detection devices to double check the vicinity for moisture and monitor relative humidity to ensure a proper drying environment exists to complete the water damage restoration and limit any interruptions to your businesses daily operations.
We Are Sensitive To Your Water Damage
Every water damage is different in its own way. Our technicians are not only trained to use SERVPRO's advanced equipment, but they are also knowledgeable on how to strategize and approach each water damage. We are honest to our customers and try to inform you on how to better prevent previous incidents. Leave your faith in the hands of our professional staff at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia.
Call A Professional – It’s Worth It!
Don't do it yourself!
Don’t Do It Yourself
We understand you want to save money, but taking the job upon yourself can cause more damage than it is worth. Don't be a “do-it-yourselfer”.
We had someone call about an extensive water leak in the roof. After they called around different businesses, they then decided to become a “do-it-yourselfer”. After a few hours on "Google" and "YouTube” they thought the job seemed simple enough. They then went to the expense to rent a carpet cleaner and buy a small dehumidifier. Thinking they fixed the problem themselves, they began to smell a musty odor. So they call SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia to come deodorize the home, however our technicians wanted to find the location of the smell.
After pulling the baseboards and the corners of the carpet up, we noticed immediately the water and the mold starting. After the initial inspection was done we provided them with a full estimate to fix the damages. They were shocked at how much lower our estimate was from all the others they had received. Within hours we began our work, returning this family’s home to "like new" condition in only two weeks!
Call us straight away to save yourself the time and money! (601) 823-1100
How to Prevent Mold
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property.
SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
- Identify problem areas in your home and correct them. Preventing mold from growing or spreading might be as simple as ripping up carpet in a damp basement, installing mold-resistant products, or repairing damaged gutters.
- Dry wet areas immediately. Mold can't grow without moisture, so tackle wet areas right away.
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation. Make sure an activity as simple as cooking dinner, taking a shower, or doing a load of laundry doesn't invite mold by providing proper ventilation in your bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and any other high-moisture area.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products. Building a new home or renovating an old one? Use mold-resistant products like mold-resistant drywall or mold-resistant Sheetrock, and mold inhibitors for paints.
- Monitor humidity indoors. The EPA recommends keeping indoor humidity between 30 and 60 percent. You can measure humidity with a moisture meter purchased from your local hardware store.
- Direct water away from your home. If the ground around your home isn't sufficiently sloped away from the foundation, water may collect there and seep into your crawlspace or basement.
- Clean or repair roof gutters. Have your roof gutters cleaned regularly and inspected for damage. Repair them as necessary, and keep an eye out for water stains after storms that may indicate a leak.
- Improve air flow in your home. Without good air flow in your home, that excess moisture may appear on your walls, windows and floors. To increase circulation, open doors between rooms, move furniture away from walls, and open doors to closets that may be colder than the rooms they’re in. Let fresh air in to reduce moisture and keep mold at bay.
- Keep mold off household plants. They're beautiful and help keep your indoor air clean — and mold loves them. The moist soil in indoor plants is a perfect breeding ground for mold, which may then spread to other areas of your house.
If you do have a mold investigation here are some Do's and Don'ts
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
We spring clean all year long at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia!
Every house hold knows what time of the year it is.
Yes, Spring Cleaning!
The day has arrived where it feels nice outside and you give your home or business that deep cleaning it's been needing all year. But here at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia, we want you to keep your home or business in good condition all year long!
Helpful Spring-Cleaning Tips
- Divide your work space into zones:
Determine how you want and need to use the space and set up zones for your daily functions. You may require a work space for your computer, a library area for your research, a storage area for supplies and a filing area for your archives. This will provide a foundation for a more efficient use of space.
- Keep only what you need at arm's length: Boxes of pens, stacks of papers and old coffee cups need to go. Rid your desk of visual clutter by paring down the items on top to the essentials only. Supplies, paperwork and personal items should be kept in the zones you've establishes for them.
- Create a daily paper system:
Consider creating hanging files or baskets labeled "to read," "to do," and "to file." Establish set days for each, so that you don't get behind or feel the overwhelming need to do everything at once.
- Sort your catch-all drawer:
Use drawer dividers to give everything a place, like compartments for paperclips and rubber bands. Go through the drawer every six weeks and clear out anything that is out of place or isn't being used.
- Eliminate digital clutter:
Digital clutter can be just as stressful as physical clutter. Organize digital files and your email inbox just as you would paper files- with a system of logical and clearly labeled folders. Also, keep the icons on your desktop to a bare minimum, and trade in sticky notes on your monitor for calendar reminders.
- Disinfect regularly:
Prevent the buildup of dust, dirt, food stains and fingerprints. Wipe down your desk, phone, keyboard and monitor once a week with disinfecting wipes
Tell us how these helpful tips work out for you by sending us a message on Facebook!
Can't do it all yourself? We don't expect you to. Call (601) 823-1100 and schedule a time for us to give your home or business a professional cleaning.
SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia is ready to take on any storm damage!
Don't Let Storms Blindside You
Severe weather can be quite scary for us because it is out of our control and can happen at any time, and anywhere. Although we cannot control the weather, we can indeed control how to prepare for it.
Get the Statistics
Americans cope with an average of the following intense storms:
- 10,000 severe thunderstorms
- 5,000 floods or flash floods
- 1,000 tornadoes
- 2 land falling, deadly hurricanes
Approximately 98 percent of all presidential declared disasters are weather-related, leading to around 500 deaths per year and nearly $15 billion in damage. That can be pretty alarming. So now knowing this information, what should you do? Become weather-ready!
Being aware is the most important step in becoming weather-ready. What do we mean? Understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work, and how the weather could impact you, your business and your family. Check the weather forecast regularly, obtain a NOAA Weather Radio, and learn about Wireless Emergency Alerts. Severe weather comes in many forms and your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards.
Take the Next Step- Action!
- Create a system that monitors weather conditions locally, especially during hurricane season
- Have more than one way to receive severe weather warnings and forecasts
- Create a communication plan for your home or business
- Establish a 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center
- Put together or purchase an emergency kit
- Keep important papers and valuables in a safe place
Don't Be Silent
Once you have taken action to prepare for severe weather, share your story with co-workers and family and friends on Facebook or Twitter. Your preparedness story will inspire others to do the same.
SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia (601)823-1100
Mold problem? No problem
Mold Remediation Vs. Hygienist Inspection
SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia does not do inspections but we can give you a quote on the visible substance you can SEE.
The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact- (601) 823-1100
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
In some cases, our mold jobs need to be referred to an industrial hygienist. What exactly is that and what do they do?
"Industrial Hygiene is a science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevention, and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health and well being, or significant discomfort among workers or among citizens of the community." -according to www.aiha.org
They describe Industrial hygienists as "scientists and engineers committed to protecting the health and safety of people in the workplace and the community."
Do You Know Your Flood Terms?
If you don't know what these terms mean, they wont be able to help you in times of need. SERVPRO is here to break it down for you.
Flooding is possible. You should listen to weather radio, commercial radio, or TV for more information and updates.
FLASH FLOOD WATCH:
Flash flooding is possible. Be prepared to move to higher ground. You should listen to weather radio, commercial radio, or TV for updates.
Flooding is occurring or will occur soon. If advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS:
A flash flood is occurring. Seek higher ground on foot immediately.
SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia has the Experience:
If a flood does strike your home or commercial business, give us a call day or night.
Even minor floods anywhere from Tylertown, MS to Brookhaven, MS, have the potential to cause major damage to structures when not treated quickly and properly. The cleanup is often an overwhelming task. The SERVPRO system is prepared to handle any size disaster and help make it "Like it never even happened."
At SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia, we are always eager to help 24/7!
Call us at (601) 823-1100.
Don't Let April Showers Get the Best of You
Flooded kitchen caused by recent rain storm.
FLASH FLOODING CAN HAPPEN WITHIN A FEW HOURS OR EVEN MINUTES
BEFORE THE FLOOD:
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel if susceptible to flooding.
- Install "check valves" in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home or business.
- Seal walls in basement with waterproofing compounds to help avoid seepage.
DURING THE FLOOD:
- Turn off utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so.
- Disconnect electrical appliances!
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water- even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
AFTER THE FLOOD:
- Listen for news reports to learn if the community's water supply is safe to drink.
- Avoid floodwaters- water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
Should your home or business be affected by the recent significant rain fall or flooding....Call SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia. We are always here to help!
Speak Up - Speak Out! Rate Us Today
We want to hear what you have to say!
Did a disaster occur and SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia truly make it "Like it never even happened." ??
Were we nice on the phone and fulfilled our promises we made?
Or are their some concerns you would like us to know about, so we can take care of them?
Your Feedback is Valuable to Us
Leaving us a review or rating on any of our three websites is one of the best communications we have with our customers. It helps us determine what steps we need to make to improve our services. Not only does it help us better our work, but it also gives us encouragement and motivation for the next jobs. We love nothing more than our happy customers.
Ratings & Reviews Are Our Customers' Voice
We highly enjoy receiving reviews and ratings because of three honest reasons:
1.) We can address each customer based on their review/rating, allowing effective communication where we can resolve any misunderstandings. Don't be left in the dark! Speak out!
2.) If we made you truly satisfied, your voice carries. Recommend us to your friends!
3.) Reviews & ratings always helps us. Positive feedback helps our technicians know they are doing something right. SERVPRO is so incredibly grateful for each review. We truly love reading the positive things you have to say about SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia. Thank you.
Reviews & Ratings are your way of speaking out. So PLEASE, if you've used our services before, don't hesitate to leave us a rating or review on the links below. Thank you.
Leave a Facebook Review!
Leave a Yelp Review!
Leave a Google Review!
Fire Cleanup & Remediation
Soot and Smoke Damage
Smoke and soot affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia understands your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are the very things that make a house a home.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals specialize in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Their expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. They pretest your belongings to determine what items they can restore to pre-fire condition.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out has several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device.
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage. Learn more about our document restoration services.
Call SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia for your fire remediation process! (601) 823-1100