Winter Weather Tips for Business Owners
Don’t let the winter weather affect your business!
Nothing is more inconvenient when your business is put on hold because of a water damage due to the weather. Here are some tips our SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia Technicians want to give to you to help prevent any accidents.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain and ice, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Wrap any pipes to help prevent them from freezing.
- Do not turn your heating unit completely off at night, or your chances of freezing pipes are higher.