Sewage Backup & Toilet Overflow Damages
Sewage backups and toilet overflows can cause serious damage to Brookhaven, McComb and Columbia homes. They also present health risks and should only be cleaned by certified water damage professionals. SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia is not only trained to assess these issues, but has tackled these biohazard damages several times during 2019!
Some examples include, but are not limited to: sewage, toilet backflows that originate from beyond the toilet trap regardless of visible content or color.
Clean Up Procedures:
- Identify ALL safety issues
- Determine source or Sewer back up and get problem fixed as quickly as possible
- Extract materials and/or remove all standing water
- Apply EPA registered disinfectant
- Remove and discard all contaminated porous and semi-porous structural materials included carpet and pad
- Measure and document all moisture levels in affected areas.
- Install barriers to contain damaged areas
- Install drying equipment
- Monitor job daily.
- Once completely dry. Clean all areas prior to rebuild.
When your Brookhaven, McComb or Columbia home or business has a sewer back up, rely on the professionals at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia. For a free estimate call (601)823-1100
Bat Droppings Cleanup Crew
How to clean up bat droppings? The answer is call SERVPRO!
These flying mammals love dark and secure structures; therefore, that makes your attic the perfect candidate for them to move in.
Think you have an issue with bats at your property? Here is a helpful list of questions may need to answer:
- Are there a large number of bats outside the building?
- Has anyone heard scratching or squeaking noises from walls, the chimney, or attic?
- Are there unexplained stains on walls and ceilings?
- Are there rub marks on the outside of the building around areas with holes or cracks?
Bats can carry different diseases that can harm humans in many ways. Rabies being one of the illnesses. The other is Histoplasmosis. What's that?
According to the Mayo Clinic, it's defined as:
An infection caused by breathing in spores of a fungus often found in bird and bat droppings. Histoplasmosis is most commonly transmitted when these spores become airborne, often during cleanup or demolition projects.
Not only are bats a pest in your home, mold can start to grow in the bat droppings.
Do Not Clean Yourself
There is a specialized remediation process to remove the bat droppings from the attic space and dispose of them. SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia is highly trained in the remediation process for buildings and homes affected by bat infestations.
During the removal process, all materials that have come in contact with the bat droppings would have to be removed and disposed of under state regulations for Bio Hazardous Waste.
What does that include?
Drywall, insulation, cloth materials, cardboard and wood (depending on the saturation of droppings)
If you've had a bad infestation, do not wait to give us a call. (601) 823-1100